Tuesday, June 10, 2008

The heat is on


Half past seven and the mercury is stuck at 94 degrees. I'm still trying to read through that non-Theda project. I like it, I do, but it's just too difficult to do anything in this weather that in any way resembles work. Did take a break to visit the lovely and ever courtly Bill Swartley, and not just because he has air-conditioning. (Bill turns 100 next week. Yay, Bill!) The heat is supposed to break tonight, but in the meantime, if you're looking for some cool, foggy relief, may I recommend Alan Furst's latest, The Spies of Warsaw," which I reviewed here? I'd like to offer you all my latest book, but it's not in any shape for anyone but me to read right now.

And in the meantime, some great news from buddy Caroline Leavitt. After all this heat, I cannot wait to really Breathe.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Clea - We are having a heatwave too and I think today was supposed to be the last day of it. Our thermometer actually read 103 degrees today. It's ridiculous. Stay cool!

Yvonne

Clea Simon said...

Today it is a lovely 79 degrees and I already feel tons better. Hope it's cooling off by you, too.

Yvonne said...

Yes! It cooled down here too and it was quite nice. I think the next few days will be cooler.

Clea Simon said...

looks like your kitty is enjoying the cooler air, Yvonne!

Yvonne said...

For some reason, my kitties all seem to like to lie under my very hot skylight! LOL