Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Animal logic...

Musetta has moved back into my office!
I don't know why, but for about a month, my beloved cat had not been sitting with me when I worked. Was I too loud? Was there a draft (I mean, a new one) in this old house? Was it something I said?

For whatever reason, she'd been spending most of my working time in two other rooms. But as of yesterday, she's back and I can hear her mutterings and snorts as she sleeps.

Which is good, because I need the help. I'm supposed to get the revised manuscript of "Shades of Grey" back to my editor by early February. But I also feel like I need to get a good running start on the sequel (tentatively titled "Grey Matters"), because that's due end of May! And I'd love to have a minute to re-read the draft I did of my pet psychic mystery, too. Plus, I just heard that the MWA is accepting submissions for a new anthology and I'd love to try my hand at another pet psychic story or maybe a short Dulcie caper...

And then there's the money work – the stuff that pays significantly more per page or per hour, and keeps us all in Iams. I'm halfway through my UCLA class, so I won't short them. But when will I get to that editing job I was just given? Or helping that businessman draft his proposal? Aiee...

Tell me I'm not the only one with time management problems? How do you cope?

No comments: