Sunday, January 1, 2017

Happy new BOOK!

Happy new year, all! And happy news for me - my first "edgy urban noir" (my editor's words) has been accepted. Look for WORLD ENOUGH to be published by Severn House on June 30 (UK)/Oct. 1 (US). It's very different from my previous mysteries (my husband calls it my first "R-rated novel"), with a much harder edge. I call it my rock-world mystery, as it jumps back and forth between the Boston club scene of the '80s and more recent times, and there isn't a cat in sight. Cozy lovers, please don't worry - I love cat cozies and always hope to write them as well, but this was a book that needed to come out. And now I know it will! More info as I have it, but what a way to start the new year!

Hope yours is healthy, happy, and fulfilling!

2 comments:

Katha said...

Congratulations, Clea! I can imagine how thrilling it must be to have a book accepted, especially when it is a new direction. Having read all your novels and having witnessed the development that you have made, I kind of saw this coming. It was probably inevitable that you would move away from the feline mysteries in your latest book. And I wish you lots of success with it. I'm afraid, though, I won't read this one. It will be so strange for me to see a new book by you coming out and me not ordering it immediately.

Clea Simon said...

Thank you, Katha! I do appreciate your concern - and I find that as I've been exploring my dark side, I am coming to treasure the light more as well. I'm now working on a whimsical cat cozy (too) - in an ideal world, I'd be able to alternate them. I think you'll like the new kitty book and will tell you more when I can! And, as always, thanks for reading.