Friday, April 15, 2011

Back to work

So after two FABULOUS events – thank you, Partners & Crime and Brookline Booksmith! – I am back to work! Still buzzing about all the people who came out – old friends, new ones, readers with great questions all – I'm now diving back into the second Pru book, tentatively titled, "Cats Can't Shoot." I finished the draft a few weeks ago, which means that it's almost new to me. I can see the flaws (hope I'm catching all of them!) and I'm at that point where I jump out of the shower to jot down notes to myself, like "Expensive handbag is awkward!" Then, later, I try to remember what I meant. It's all part of the process and by the time I do my next reading (May 17 at Harvard Book Store!) I will be through at least one more draft. So... back to work!

2 comments:

Katha said...

Great news that you are working on the second Pru book! I have just received my copy of the first one and I'm really looking forward to start reading it!! By the way, do you also feel that the ad quote written right across the cover spoils it a bit?

Clea Simon said...

Thank you, Katha! I hope you enjoy it. And, yes, I have to confess I was a little disappointed when I saw the final cover. I'd loved it without the quote... ah well. I am very happy that I got a nice quote, but, yes, couldn't they have put it on the back? Ah well... don't want to be ungrateful.