Monday, October 8, 2007

Dexter loses his rock 'n' roll...



At least, that's more or less the premise of Jeff Lindsay's wonderful new Dexter in the Dark, which I reviewed in today's Boston Globe. Is it a departure from the previous Dexter books? Well, yes, but what would you expect in the third of a series?

There's been much talk about serial killers as super heroes, but I think that Lindsay's jovial protagonist strikes home (so to speak) because he's such an Everyman. I mean, at times, wouldn't we all like to be like Dexter?

And, while you're here, check out this profile of Hank Phillippi Ryan, whose second mystery, Face Time pubs tomorrow. We love Hank and her sweetie husband Jonathon here at Chez Musetta!

Finally, I am so happy! Thank you, Publishers Weekly.

2 comments:

Caroline said...

I LOVE the Dexter books, and the series. There's something so dark and surprising about all of it--and the actor who plays Dexter is beyond wonderful. I also am for any series on TV that owes itself to books!

Congratulations of the amazing PW review of your new book! I already ordered two copies.

Clea Simon said...

Thank you, Caroline.