Wednesday, August 1, 2007

But what about crime?


Faithful blog readers may be wondering, where's the crime?
If I've been cat happy lately, readers, it's not because death (fiction) has taken a holiday. I'm actually hard at work on a mystery project (hinted at a bit lower down), and I hope to be able to tell you more in a few months. A few months?!? Yes, that's how publishing works, kiddos – glacial compared to everything else in this electronic world. But there is a new mystery in the works, and the start of another, too, on the back burner until this one is drafted. I may be breaking format a bit on this one, too, but as a writer and a cat lover, I'm too superstitious to want to write more.

Besides, the next Theda Krakow will be out before you know it! Cries and Whiskers will hit the stores in late November – and as we all know, books make more gifts!

So, until then, enjoy the cat trivia. Crime fiction is happening, behind the scenes, even as you read this...

2 comments:

Caroline said...

I'm so glad you're working on a new mystery. I don't think I can wait until November, though! Do you accept bribes?

Clea Simon said...

Will write for treats?

Thanks, Caroline! I can't rush the publication process, but if anyone wants to read an excerpt of my upcoming "Cries and Whiskers" just click on the cute cat cover at my home site, at http://www.cleasimon.com