Wednesday, March 29, 2017

A Cat of a Different Color

Today, on Ingrid King's Conscious Cat blog, I talk about my Blackie and Care series and specifically why, after writing cozies for years, I've started writing a scarier kind of book.

"Sometimes a writer needs to go dark. Not as in silent, but as in dangerous. After close to 20 cozies, I realized that’s what I had to do. The cover of my new mystery, As Dark As My Fur, says it all: a black cat stares out, his green-eyed gaze intense. In the background, a tunnel seems to lead the way underground, further from the light. Indeed, this book – the second Blackie and Care mystery – follows a path laid out in the first of this series, The Ninth Life. And while I understand that not all of my readers will want to follow me here, I do hope you’ll listen as I explain why I’m taking it now, in this series...." Read more here.

No comments: