Wednesday, February 8, 2017

I do love oysters... (books in series orders)

Funny what you find when you're playing around the Internet. When I saw a site advertising "Books in Series Order," I immediately clicked through. Sure enough, this site has an accurate listing of all my books to date. But what really intrigued me was that it had a little bio of me, apparently drawn from interviews I've given.

In part, it reads:
Most of her books feature punny titles and plenty of cats, but there is also more than meets the eye when looking at her books. The heroines that the books feature are often modeled after herself, in that each of her characters is a part of herself. There is a darkness that lines the stories that she tells through her novels, which points back to the noir connections in her writing. Her books often use murder, mystery, and music to drive her stories, all while staying true to a core of animal rights. All of this being done without ever becoming preachy or self-righteous. Those already familiar with animal rights issues will surely agree with the message that Simon is putting across with her novels, while those who are unfamiliar will find new information presented in engaging and new ways.

For the full writeup (including the series list), click here.

No comments: