Friday, April 4, 2014

Talking books (and cats) with Nancy Adams

Nancy Adams, blogger over at Saints and Trees, and I chatted writing, mysteries, and more:

NA: Tell us a bit about your writing journey: when you started to write, your journey to publication, and so on.

CS: I have always loved making up stories and have been writing stories since I could read. But it took me a while as an adult to think my stories had any validity. I became a journalist and wrote three nonfiction books in part because of this: I felt like if I was conveying information, then I had a reason to write. But I largely read fiction. It wasn’t until Kate Mattes, who owned the now-closed Kate’s Mystery Books in Cambridge, Mass., told me, “You should write a mystery” that I started my first one, “Mew is for Murder.” I think in some way I needed permission.

To read more, please click through to Nancy's blog, Saints and Trees.

No comments: