Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Cat Writers, here I come!

Heading down to White Plains, NY, this weekend for the annual Cat Writers' Association annual conference. I'll be giving a "Mystery 101" talk to aspiring whodunit authors and listening eagerly to reports on everything from the feline genome project to new media marketing. But basically I'm going to chill with my peers – and to attend the Westchester Cat Show.

Conference registration is now closed, but if you're in the area on Saturday, please come by the cat show. The CWA will have 29 of its authors signing books at our booth, 3-5 p.m. Some of us (okay, me) will be there as early as 1 p.m. Come say hi and see the cats!

3 comments:

BPL Ref said...

Ooo, cat shows. . . otherwise known as places where I leave large sums of money and come home with delightful cat toys that bore the cats silly. I should just buy boxes.

Jeanne

Ingrid King said...

I loved your Mystery 101 talk. Even though for now I'm going to stick with non-fiction and have no plans of writing mysteries, as a mystery reader, it was fascinating to get a glimpse at "the other side" from a master of the craft.

Clea Simon said...

thank you!

Jeanne - one of the perks of the conference is I come home with tons of free cat toys (hey, we're writers - toy mfrs want us to mention their products). But, yes, nothing beats a rolled up ball of aluminum foil!