Saturday, August 1, 2009

Vicki Lane cracks me up


Vicki Lane, author of the marvelous Elizabeth Goodweather mysteries, never fails to entertain. I had the pleasure of meeting her at Bouchercon a few years back and ever since have read and thoroughly enjoyed her carefully crafted, smart whodunits.Though I believe she may now be working on a standalone, her main series features a smart, feisty widow who runs an herb and flower farm in the Carolina hill country. The latest, In a Dark Season, is up for an Anthony award. And she also provides a monthly newsletter. Today, the newsletter included the following clip - which reminds me of both Elizabeth and (forgive me) Vicki herself. This is what I aspire to.

3 comments:

Vicki Lane said...

Well, I'm a good bit over five feet tall. But I do have curly white hair and I do pack heat -- proud possessor of a concealed carry license. :-)-- and I have tried to click open the wrong car in a big parking lot.

Ingrid King said...

OMG, that's hysterical! Thanks for the laugh - will pass this on for sure!

Clea Simon said...

I think we have all tried to get into the wrong cars, Vicki - I totally related to that. Thanks for sharing!