Friday, September 22, 2017

Some cheering news (new books!)

This happened this week, too. More cat mysteries on the way. So that is cheering!

From Publishers Marketplace: September 21, 2017
Digital: Fiction: Mystery/Crime
Author of the Pru Marlowe series Clea Simon's A SPELL OF MURDER, the first in her new "Witch Cats of Cambridge" series about a newly single woman training to be a witch, unbeknownst to her that her three felines are the ones with the real powers and must band together to solve a crime when their owner is accused of murder, to Jason Pinter at Polis Books, in a two-book deal, by Colleen Mohyde at The Colleen Mohyde Agency (World).

2 comments:

BPL Ref said...

WOW!! That sounds awesome. Congratulations!

Clea Simon said...

Thank you - I have really been hoping this series would sell. We actually had the offer on Friday and were celebrating, when I started to wonder, "Why isn't Musetta coming downstairs like she usually does?" Details were hammered out on Monday/Tuesday, and my agent was hesitant to call, but I told her that I could use the distraction. My new publisher was very understanding about me not feeling I could share the news yesterday, though. A good sign, I hope!